Well, there are two bags, a big one for the trek and a small one for the plane.
So excited!! Today is the big day 🙂 We’ll “hop” (with our big bags) onto the plane this evening. And sleep hopefully, because in my case there was some sleep lost over “what else should I take, what could I leave?”
I’ll bore you now with some details of what is included in the small bag, because this is after all a travel blog where I hope to share useful stuff.
- Folder with documents: tickets, reservations, vouchers, maps (mostly in small print to save trees and weight)
- Travel pouch: passport, credit card, Chilean Pesos
- Paper and pen – blogging the oldfashioned way
- Electronics: mobile phone, camera and power bank, charger, earphones
- Watch (technically, I’m going to wear it, but it’s so important to me it is included here)
- Glasses and sun glasses (one can always hope…)
- Medicines: everything essential in case the big bag takes a hike on its own
- Toiletry bag (dry): earplugs, toothbrush, brush, wipes, handkerchief, lip balm
- Toiletry bag (fluids): toothpaste, deo, shampoo, fluid medicines)
- Inflatable pillow
- Entertainment: book, magazine and Sudokus
What else would you take? I’ve seen a lot of lists including various other items, but these are my essentials.